The story of The Pig and the Box touches on many near and dear themes:
- The children’s fable is about DRM and digital copying, without mentioning either.
- The author is raising money through Fundable, pledging to release the work under a more liberal license if $2000 is raised.
- The author was dissuaded from using the sampling licnese (a very narrow peeve of mine, please ignore).
- I don’t know if the author intended, but anyone inclined to science fiction or nanotech will see a cartoon assembler.
- The last page of the story is Hansonian.
This was dugg and Boing Boing’d though I’m slow and only noticed on Crosbie Fitch‘s low-volume blog. None of the many commentators noted the sf/nano/upload angle as far as I can tell.